Annamalai University, a public state university located in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India, has been accredited with an A+ grade by NAAC in 2022. This university offers courses under 10 faculties and 49 departments of study in the Arts, Science, Engineering, Medical, Management, Humanities, Agriculture, etc. Annamalai University announces admission to the Diploma in Mining Engineering for the 2022–23 academic year. The good news is that the last date for applying for the course has been extended to September 23, 2022, at 5 pm.
- The duration of the DIPLOMA IN MINING ENGINEERING course is 3 years, a total of six semesters.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Male and female candidates can apply.
- The SSLC examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu / The Anglo Indian High School Examinations with Eligibility for Higher Secondary Courses in Tamil Nadu/The Matriculation Examination of Tamil Nadu; or any other examination recognized as equivalent to the above by the Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu
- Passed SSLC with 35 marks in the examination of any other equivalent qualification.
- Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu are only considered for admission. However, under certain conditions, students may apply for admission. Those are mentioned below.
- Children of Central Government Employees who are not domiciled in Tamil Nadu may also apply and compete in open competitions for admission, regardless of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years at the time of application submission, which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the parent or guardian’s employer.
- Children of people not domiciled in Tamil Nadu and employed in private or public government recognized institutions who are employed in Tamil Nadu at the time of application for admission may apply and compete for admission through open competition.
The fee for the candidates to pay for this course is Rs. 18,560/-per annum.
- Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/SCA/MBC/BC/BCM/OC categories will be made as per the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- 5% of the above reservations have been set aside for differently abled people in accordance with Tamil Nadu government guidelines.
- Counseling will take place at the Administrative Office, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram.
- The schedule for this counseling will be available on the website. Candidates will be called for counseling in order of their merit.
- Counseling for the special category will be held before the general counseling.
- Seven categories will be used to select candidates. Those are OC, BC, BC (Muslim), MBC/DNC, SC, SCA, and ST as per the rules of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The counseling fee for general candidates is Rs. 500/-and for SC/SCA/ST candidates it is Rs. 250/-
A list of documents required at the time of admission to Annamalai University
The selected candidates have to produce the following original certificates at the time of admission.
- SSLC book or equivalent record.
- SSLC mark sheet issued by the concerned authorities
- A community certificate from a prescribed authority is required for ST/SC/SC(A)/MBC and DNC/BC (Others)/BC (Muslims).
- The original conduct certificate and transfer certificate are from the head of the educational institution where the candidate last studied.
- The online application for admission to the Diploma in Mining Engineering has to be done through the official website of Annamalai University.
- Next, click on the Admissions On-Campus Portal.
- Click the Application-Online Tab on the left side menu.
- After that, drop down to the “Diploma in Mining” tab and click it.
- Then you will get the registration link for this course. As a new applicant, you have to apply under “New Applicant.”
- Fill out all of your required information and submit it.
- Please enter your mobile number correctly because all communication will be sent through mobile only.
- Your username is your email ID.
- To obtain a print of the application, the candidate must upload all the relevant documents.
- The images should be less than 100 kb and in.jpg or.jpeg formats.
- The size of the PDF file should be less than 500KB.
- The hard copy of the application should be sent with all attachments along with payment details or demand draft to THE REGISTRAR, ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY, ANNAMALAI NAGAR, CHIDAMBARAM ,CUDDALORE DISTRICT, TAMIL NADU-608002 before the last date.
- Demand draft for Diploma in Mining Engineering for Rs.400/-for SC/SCA/ST and Rs.800/-for others drawn in favor of The Registrar, Annamalai University, payable at Annamalainagar / Chennai.
Please go through the prospectus for the Diploma in Mining Engineering before applying for the course and read all the guidelines carefully.