First, start with the background of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme. In order to improve the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), promote higher education, and encourage students belonging to the weak economic background of the North Eastern Region( NER ), UGC launched a special scholarship scheme in the 2014-15 academic session, which is named Ishan Uday. Since the 2014-15 academic year, this scheme has been in place; every year, a total of 10,000 fresh scholarships are distributed among NER students pursuing General Courses, Technical and Professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23 Details
You will find the details of the Ishan Uday Scholarship below
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
|Rs.5400/ per month (For General Degree Courses like BA, BSc., BCom, BMS, BBA, etc.)
Rs.7800/-per month (For other courses like technical, professional, medical, and paramedical courses)
|Students can apply online through NSP
Candidates from the North Eastern States of India are eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship. Now we are going to discuss the eligibility criteria in detail.
- All applicants must have a domicile in one of the North Eastern States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, or Tripura.
- For those candidates whose annual family income is not more than 4.5 lakh.
- Candidates who identify as transgender are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- For those candidates who have passed Class XII (CBSE Board) or an equivalent state board of NER in the current academic year.
- For those candidates who secured admission in the first year of their degree course, including integrated courses in any University/ College/ Institute under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, deemed to be universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from the UGC, state, or central government institutions of national importance, admission should have been made in those institutions with an AISHE code.
- Candidates pursuing their courses through open universities are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students who have gotten admission through the management quota, already have a scholarship from another scheme, or are pursuing any course that does not lead to a degree programme are not eligible for this scholarship scheme.
Documents for Applying to the Ishan Uday Scholarship
The candidates need to upload the following documents at the time of filling out the online scholarship application form
- Domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Aadhaar card
- In the case of renewals, an annual progress report verified by the concerned Univeristy/ Institution/ or college
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates who want to avail themselves of the benefits of the Ishan Uday Scholarship can apply through the official website, the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). You should have all the necessary documents before filling out the online scholarship application form. Below, we are discussing the step-by-step process for applying.
- The new applicant should go to the Applicant Corner of the NSP website and click on “New Registration.”
- The next step is to enter your personal details, like the state of domicile, name, date of birth, bank details, Adhar number, mobile number, email ID, bank details, etc., for registration.
- After registering, you will get an Application ID, which you will use as your Login ID on the NSP portal.
- Now log in with your application ID and password (that was sent to your registered mobile number) and fill out the Scholarship Application Form. Upload the necessary documents, and if you feel you have filled in all the details correctly, click on the “Final Submit” button.
Note: Please read all the instructions carefully before filling out the form so that it does not get rejected. You can check the guidelines and FAQ on the NSP website.
- The scholarship will not be renewed if a student fails to get promoted to the next class or level.
- The awardees must show good conduct and maintain the prescribed attendance to renew the scholarships.
- Students are not permitted to change their course of study.
What is the total amount of Ishan Uday’s scholarship?
There are two types of scholarship amounts. One is Rs. 5400/-per month for General Degree courses and the other is Rs. 7800/per month for technical, professional, medical, paramedical courses, etc.
How many students are selected for the Ishan Uday scholarship?
A total of 10,000 new scholarships have been distributed every year since the 2014-15 academic session among the students of the North Eastern States of India pursuing general degree courses, and technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
What is the deadline for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022?
31st December 2022
What is the payment method for the Ishan Uday Scholarship?
The selected students will be paid scholarships through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode.