Good day, everyone! If you are looking for an internship opportunity at NITI Aayog, we have an update for you. Applications are invited for the NITI Ayog Internship for the month of April 2023. The last date for applications is April 10, 2023.
The online application link is usually available from the first to the tenth of each month. So, what are you waiting for? Apply for this internship right away and take advantage of this opportunity.
About NITI Internship Scheme
This scheme seeks to engage students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees or who are research scholars enrolled in recognized universities or institutions within India or abroad as “interns”.
These “interns” shall be given exposure to various verticals, divisions, and units and are expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through the empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. This is an opportunity to learn about the functions of the Indian government that may help interns advance in their future goals.
Objectives of the Scheme
- Allowing fresh academic talent to be involved in the work of the NITI Aayog for mutual benefit.
- The “interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the government’s functioning and developmental policy issues in India and contribute to policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
Bonafide students of any recognized university or institution within India or abroad must meet the following conditions to be eligible to apply for the internship.
- UG students who have completed or appeared in the term-end exams of their second year or the 4th semester of the bachelor’s degree course and secured at least 85% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
- Graduate students who successfully completed or appeared in the term-end exams of the first year or second semester of their postgraduate programme or who are pursuing research or a Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed graduation or PG and are waiting for admission to higher studies may also be considered for an internship, provided that they have 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years or semesters of their graduation or post-graduation until the date of application.
- The time between the final exam result announcement month and the desired internship month should not exceed six months.
Domains available for NITI internship
The internship is available in the following 25 fields,
- Data Management and Analysis
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Energy Sector
- Foreign Trade / Commerce
- Health, Nutrition, Women & Child Development
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management
- Public Finances/Budget
- Public-Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Sports and Youth development
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization / smart city
- Water Resources
The internship must last at least six weeks but no longer than six months.
On successful completion of the internship, the candidates will be given an Internship Completion Certificate.
Interested candidates can apply via this website.
Important points to remember
- Interns must have their own laptops. NITI Aayog shall provide them with working space, internet facilities, and other requirements as deemed fit by the concerned heads.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 75% attendance during the internship, and on a daily basis, they must mark their in and out times. If an intern fails to maintain the minimum attendance, the period of the internship will not be extended in any case, and no experience certificate will be issued to those interns.
- The selected applicant must produce original mark sheets and a NOC from the college or institution at the time of joining; failing this, his or her candidature shall be canceled. For the format of the NOC, kindly follow the NITI Ayog Guidelines.
For technical issues relating to submissions online, you can contact [email protected].
Please go through the official website of NITI Ayog for complete details and guidelines on internships. Check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the internship.
FAQ related to NITI Aayog Internship
How to get an Internship at NITI Aayog?
Applicants must apply online by completing the registration form. The online application link is available from the first to the tenth of each month.
What should I do while interning at NITI Aayog?
The candidates will work closely with NITI’s verticals, divisions, and cells.
Does Niti Aayog pay for the internship?
Interns in the Niti Aayog internship program are not paid.