The World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently accepting online applications for the Global Internship Programme 2023 from students and recent graduates to give them a chance to learn about the technical and administrative programmes of WHO and expand their knowledge and experience in various areas.
In this article, you will learn more about the WHO Global Internship Programme 2023. You too can work as an intern for this reputable organisation by following all the requirements mentioned in this article.
Benefits of the WHO Internship Programme
The WHO Global Internship Programme offers the following perks and benefits
- WHO provides medical and accident insurance coverage to all interns for the duration of the internship period.
- Lunch vouchers may be provided to the interns at some duty stations.
- WHO also provides a living allowance to eligible and selected interns who need financial support.
- The approved travel costs for some interns from least-developed and middle-income countries may be covered.
- Individual interns can obtain certificates upon request.
- In addition, at the completion of their internship, each intern may request a letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
Time Duration of WHO Global Internship Programme
Interns must be available to work full-time for at least 6 weeks up to a maximum of 24 weeks, depending on the different positions offered to them.
Eligibility Criteria for the WHO Global Internship Programme 2023
- You must be a citizen of one of the WHO member countries.
- You must be at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- You should be fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of assignment.
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree or who have already completed a qualification may also qualify for consideration.
- Your degree should be in a public health, medical, or social field related to the technical work of WHO, or in a management, administrative, communications, or external relations-related field.
- You are not related to a WHO staff member.
- You have not previously participated in WHO’s internship.
How to Apply for the WHO Global Internship Programme 2023
- First, visit the WHO official website and navigate to the internship programme page.
- Check out all the requirements and FAQs of the internship programme before applying for an internship position. Each position has different application deadlines.
- Click on the internship to view the job description and eligibility criteria.
- You need to create a new account to start the application process.
- Fill out the online application form, attach the relevant documents, and submit your application.